State School No. 2656 opened on the 1st January 1885 in a new timber building on a one acre site on the north west corner of Lower Somerville and Eramosa Roads. Marion Carter was the first Head Teacher with an average daily attendance of 33 students.
As the population of Somerville grew, the school population followed. New timber buildings were built in 1914 in the current location of the now Somerville Primary School.
Click the link below to download a copy of the Somerville Primary School Centenary Booklet.